Monday, August 31, 2009

Leaving

This will be brief, non movie or TV related, and (mostly) rant-free.

I'm leaving the country tomorrow, until early October. The purpose of the trip is the Toronto International Film Festival, but will also feature appearances from Portland, Vancouver, Montreal, Chicago and San Fransisco. Plus due to funds Toronto will be also, largely, about actually seeing Toronto, which is good as well. I won't be seeing as many movies as I'd like, although have tickets to all ten Midnight Madness screenings. I was at the festival in 2006; Midnight Madness was the highlight, so I'm happy to be seeing those. Especially since Rec fucking 2 is on, and George Romero will be there. Also playing is Jennifer's Body, possibly offering the opportunity to throw things at Megan Fox. Plus I'm happy to be spending the time with my girlfriend, who doesn't have a huge desire to see a lot of movies. There will be hand-holding and finding all the places that feature in Scott Pilgrim.

Upon leaving the house tomorrow morning, I will never return to it. It has been sold; when I'm back in Sydney, I'll be living elsewhere. So tonight marks my last night in my house of about fifteen years.

It's strange.

And my bedroom is all boxes and empty shelves; it's quite offputting. It's also alerted me that I own way too much shit, and will have to have a garage sale once I get back.

So the next update will be in Portland, and will feature a review of District 9 and, maybe, Inglourious Basterds (now seen in full!) as well as whatever I'm stuck watching on the plane. Fingers crossed Bandslam!

And so, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment